Depression | Mental Health | 02nd September 2021 | Virtual Wire
Picture-House Wiki- Fandom
There Is nothing that I can think of at this moment, what I feel is an unnecessary and unattended rebellion coming right through me, high on my head but low in my heart’One of the things about Depression is that it can occur to anyone insignificant of the amount of happy quotient in their life.
There’s a time in everyone’s life when they feel a little low or sad that feeling can last for a day, a week or a month, the problem arises when you continue to have small episodes.
WHAT IS DEPRESSION?
Straight Talking Fitness
Depression is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects the way you think, the way feels or the way you act. it is a feeling which causes you to not enjoy the things which once you did, you may wonder how were you ever able to enjoy anything, it’s a feeling of sadness, despair or hopelessness that doesn’t go away too easily.
It can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems and can decrease your ability to function at work and at home. Depression affects mood, outlook, thoughts, and behaviour. It also can cause fatigue, irritability, loss of appetite, headaches, and insomnia.
SYMPTOMS Of DEPRESSION
Depression symptoms can vary from mild to severe and can include:
* Feeling sad or having a depressed mood.
* Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed.
* Changes in appetite — weight loss or gain unrelated to dieting.
* Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much.
* Loss of energy or increased fatigue.
* Increase in purposeless physical activity (e.g., inability to sit still, pacing, hand-wringing) or slowed movements or speech.
* Feeling worthless or guilty.
* Difficulty thinking, concentrating or making decisions.
* Thoughts of death or suicide.
TREATMENTS FOR DEPRESSION
Picture - m.media-amazon.com
Regular exercise, getting enough sleep, and spending time with people you care about can improve depression symptoms.
Your counsellor helps you address your problems and develop coping skills. Sometimes brief therapy is all you need. Other people co